Whenever I get a call from a new client, they are very interested in what type of copywriting projects I usually work on. At cocktail parties (OK I don’t really go to cocktail parties, but you know what I mean) I get asked the same question. But like the weather in New England, the answer can depend on the hour.
Over the course of my 15+ years writing mostly B2B marketing communications, I have worked on just about every type of writing project there is. Of course, what I am working on tends to change with the times; 15 years ago I was less likely to be writing blogs and web copy, while today I am less likely to be writing direct mail pieces and physical sales letters, since these have almost completely morphed into email marketing.
To satisfy the curious, I thought I would share a list of the projects I have worked on this month. While not totally representative, it should give the curious a peek into what types of copywriting and design I do.
This month I:
- Finished up a 12 page web copywriting project for a Cloud-based search portal company
- Created the design – in Microsoft Publisher – for a case study I wrote last month for a Cloud services vendor
- Wrote over 100 “ghost blogs” and keyword optimized press releases for various attorneys and law firms across the US
- Finished up several pieces of sales collateral (brochures, solution briefs, sales sheets) for the world’s largest IT company
- Started creating a Power Point Presentation on writing copy for the web, which I will share with the marketing department of a billion-dollar corporation
- Updated a LinkedIn profile and gave some social media tips to a busy executive
- Wrote email newsletters for a law firm, a school supply company, and an internet sales distribution consultant
- Met with a financial services client about creating a website for the firm’s new direction
- Began updating a series of product manuals for a company that manufactures clean-air monitoring devices for materials processing plants worldwide
- Went to lunch with one of the greatest professional copywriters of all time, Peter Bowerman, who was kind enough to meet some of his fellow professional copywriters for lunch one day during his vacation
- Completed a few blog posts for www.savvyb2bmarketing.com, a marcom blog I started with 5 other professional marketers about a year ago.
Some months I do more web copy, other times I am totally immersed in creating a white paper, and still others I crank out sales kits and product sheets. But all in all, it was a pretty busy, fairly typical month for me.
If I can help you with a case study, blog, white paper, some web copy, or anything else, please don’t heistate to contact me!